Pages

Thursday 10 February 2011

SPRING CLEAN

Recently I have become mildly obsessed with the quest for the perfect new bed linen. I think it has all to do with Spring - making the flat feel fresh with crisp linen and beautiful throws that are at home with the colourful daffodils, hyacinths and tulips that I keep bringing home and having to haphazardly arrange in any spare jugs and pots.
My quest thus far (for it is nothing short of a quest I can tell you) has seen me settle on the White Company and Velvet Ribbon as the answers to my spring cleaning resolutions. Of course it won't have escaped many people's notice that The White Company do beautiful bed linen and stock exactly the kind of thing I'm after. My favourite has to be the Devon Seersucker duvet - I fancy it wouldn't be out of place in a lovely cottage by the sea, with scrubbed floor boards, Barbours over breton tops and a dash of Emma Bridegwater crockery here and there... (nor in my much simpler, less Boden-esque catalogue abode in Richmond!). 
In a perfect world I'd pair it with this beautiful 1920s-19430s welsh quilt from Velvet Ribbon.

Velvet Ribbon Floral Quilt
Devon Seersucker Bed Linen

Velvet Ribbon have a constantly updated selection of exquisite vintage quilts and eiderdowns, all carefully sourced and wonderfully maintained despite the years of service they've seen! Their website is not to be missed - a lovely collection of bits and bobs for the home - cushions, glass jars, a Fortnum and Mason wicker picnic hamper and large model sail boats (what bathroom should be without one?)

Velvet Ribbon Vintage Bottles
Velvet Ribbon Vinatge Sail Boat


Do you like to make any changes to your home as Spring approaches? What are the interior finishing touches that you've been lusting after?

All images from www.velvetribbon.co.uk and www.thewhitecompany.com

1 comment:

  1. I love seeing beautiful simple stems in lovely clean containers- thanks for sharing these beautiful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!