Pages

Tuesday 18 September 2012

NEW IN [PLUS A LITTLE RAMBLING THROWN IN FOR FREE]

I have been busy amassing my autumn/winter wardrobe. My shopping style has changed a tad according to my new found student-hood (again!). It's tough but the student discount sweetens the bitter financial pill.
When all is said and done I shop a lot less and plan a lot more. This is all well and good - BUT - it has made me an uber hesitant shopper. If shopping were a driving test I'd fail repeatedly. My hand darts back and forwards to the rail, I walk purposefully towards the till before slowly retreating, my breathing becomes strained, my eyes dart left and right. I then walk straight out of the the door (putting the item back first of course, what d'ya take me for). 

After months of the aforementioned behaviour, I have actually managed to complete a few journeys to the till and now proudly have the carefully selected items below hanging or siting in my wardrobe as we speak. Primed and ready to go. 

Untitled #16
- Etoile Isabel Marant Monty jacket: a delightful autumnal cardi-jacket which will step in where my spring/summer Haca jacket has performed so perfectly.
- Topshop coats nattered about here and here
- Topshop wooly hat
- JW Anderson Bat jumper - I LOVE THIS!! Milly of Milly Fell Into The Wardrobe's glee upon bagging hers was all the encouragement I needed.
- Reiss Grey Sweatshirt (Mine is actually a Gap one in the sale. Hugely useful and inspired by Laura at Wearing It Today)
- Topshop Faux-Leather skinny trousers
- Topshop Denim dress
- Nike Free Running trainers - I'm very, very excited about these. Ever since Leandra of Man Repeller mused about wearing these with leather trousers and a pea coat I practically had to be restrained. This idea sounds so perfect to me and I can't wait to try it out.
- Isabel Marant Bazil sneakers - these will truly come into their own come Autumn. I plan to wear them with denim and dresses. They're just achingly cool. 
- I've been after an evil eye necklace for aaages. This one is Aamaya by Priyanka, but I found a beautiful tiny one on Etsy. It's been a pretty permanent fixture since it arrived with the postman. 

Despite my new shopping habits being a little tricky, I do think they make for a better wardrobe overall. Each thing I buy, I love. Rare mistakes are quickly ebayed and expenses recouped! 

 I also have my eye on these three little fellows - I've been on the look out for more evening things on account of the fact my 'drobe is sadly lacking in this department! And lovely heels for £16 aren't to be sniffed at. Wouldn't you agree?

Untitled #17
Topshop full skirt, Matalan heels, ASOS clutch
x

7 comments:

  1. Love this wardrobe! Love those Marant sneakers. I've been wanting to get a similar (much cheaper!) pair myself.

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've seen a few people in the Topshop versions and they look really good! Also Nike have done some more wedged ones in neutral colours which look great X

      Delete
  2. Ha! LOVE this post. I too am a Jo Malone wearer - Orange Blossom, though I'm thinking of trying French Lime Blossom for a bit..just resent how Jo Malone seem to have wacked their prices up rather alot. Also I NEED the skinny leather trews!xx

    http://millyfellintothewardrobe.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They certainly have! I only get mine in airports now. Well, I try. I'm a Wild Bluebell gal all year round but introduced Nectarine Blossom & Honey for my holiday perfume!
      You must get on board with the leather! I tried mine with the bat jumper, pretty freaking cool girlfriend. X

      Delete
  3. I really need to get a little more picky with shopping - after devising a list of everything I lacked in my wardrobe (in addition to a Spring wishlist), I set about swiftly looking for it all and then afterwards attempting to shop no more.

    I don't think there's anything wrong with putting something back on the rack after considering to almost purchase it, and is something that I have done countless times - or, worse still, put something on layby only to realise later that day or even in the following days that it just was not right (and afterward cancelling my layby).

    Sounds like you have amassed a good number of pieces to keep you going in the winter time though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely good to be picky - I didn't used to be and had too many things that were never worn. But lately I fear I've gone too far in the other direction and get overly nervous about any purchase! Oh well, overall it's much much better being so selective - just important not to lose the spontaneous edge that adds personality to your outfits I think. X

      Delete
  4. love the isabel marant jacket and also your blog! It's so nice!!! I follow you!
    Pass to my blog and if it likes you follow me too, I will be so glad :D
    kisses
    http://francescagiusti.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!