NEW IN [PLUS A LITTLE RAMBLING THROWN IN FOR FREE]
I have been busy amassing my autumn/winter wardrobe. My shopping style has changed a tad according to my new found student-hood (again!). It's tough but the student discount sweetens the bitter financial pill.
When all is said and done I shop a lot less and plan a lot more. This is all well and good - BUT - it has made me an uber hesitant shopper. If shopping were a driving test I'd fail repeatedly. My hand darts back and forwards to the rail, I walk purposefully towards the till before slowly retreating, my breathing becomes strained, my eyes dart left and right. I then walk straight out of the the door (putting the item back first of course, what d'ya take me for).
After months of the aforementioned behaviour, I have actually managed to complete a few journeys to the till and now proudly have the carefully selected items below hanging or siting in my wardrobe as we speak. Primed and ready to go.
- Etoile Isabel Marant Monty jacket: a delightful autumnal cardi-jacket which will step in where my spring/summer Haca jacket has performed so perfectly.
- Topshop wooly hat
- JW Anderson Bat jumper - I LOVE THIS!! Milly of Milly Fell Into The Wardrobe's glee upon bagging hers was all the encouragement I needed.
- Reiss Grey Sweatshirt (Mine is actually a Gap one in the sale. Hugely useful and inspired by Laura at Wearing It Today)
- Topshop Faux-Leather skinny trousers
- Topshop Denim dress
- Nike Free Running trainers - I'm very, very excited about these. Ever since Leandra of Man Repeller mused about wearing these with leather trousers and a pea coat I practically had to be restrained. This idea sounds so perfect to me and I can't wait to try it out.
- Isabel Marant Bazil sneakers - these will truly come into their own come Autumn. I plan to wear them with denim and dresses. They're just achingly cool.
- I've been after an evil eye necklace for aaages. This one is Aamaya by Priyanka, but I found a beautiful tiny one on Etsy. It's been a pretty permanent fixture since it arrived with the postman.
Despite my new shopping habits being a little tricky, I do think they make for a better wardrobe overall. Each thing I buy, I love. Rare mistakes are quickly ebayed and expenses recouped!
I also have my eye on these three little fellows - I've been on the look out for more evening things on account of the fact my 'drobe is sadly lacking in this department! And lovely heels for £16 aren't to be sniffed at. Wouldn't you agree?
|Topshop full skirt, Matalan heels, ASOS clutch|