Pages

Monday 8 July 2013

NEW YORK: EATING OUT

I'm just back from a jaunt to America and wanted to share a few of my favourite things from the Big Apple. First up: food of course!
Pastis
We went to Pastis twice, and wished we could have gone again and again. It was literally just around the corner (and a wobble across the cobbles) from our apartment in the Meatpacking District. Whilst it is famed for being the best vantage point for people watching, it was the intimate low lighting, atmosphere and incredible food that won me over. If you happen to be in the neighbourhood, DO NOT miss out on the sea scallops to start. Perfection. 
Cafe Cluny
Before even arriving in the City, I reserved us a table at Cafe Cluny for brunch the morning after our very late arrival. It was exactly what the jet lag ordered. This is such a cool, quirky, pretty little cafe nestled in the West Village. The waiters all wear Saint James Breton tops, which I enjoyed. I ordered tea, French toast and chose from their delicious fresh juices of the day (and didn't notice the huge insect on the ceiling until my second visit).
 Cafe Gitane at The Jane
We went to Cafe Gitane on our first evening in New York, and it was a lovely setting - a beautiful place beside the Hudson to while away an evening. I wouldn't say the food blew my socks off, but still well worth a visit.
Arturo's
Oh Arturo's pizza. Incred. If the food and wine wasn't brilliant enough on its own, they have live jazz most evenings at Arturo's. We felt ridiculously New York and loved every minute. 

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!