|My 3.1 Phillip Lim Edie Bow bag|
I'm afraid that I, unlike so many others who do posts of this sort, have not been urged by others to divulge the inner workings of my bag - I just thought I would.
Above is my bag, that I have had now for about a year I think. I bought it after stalking it around the globe - decorating the shoulders of Rachel Bilson and Diane Kruger.
The leather is absolutely beautiful, thick yet very supple. Having worn it nearly every day since buying it, it still looks as perfect as the day it emerged out of it's Net-a-Porter black box.
I must admit I did edit out about a gazillion crumpled receipts, that were lingering in and around every corner, and pulled out just the normal things.
So were you to raid my bag tomorrow you would find:
- My iPod - I have yet to use the iPod function on my iPhone - I tend to be a bit behind with these things!
- My iPhone - with it's pink polka dot Cath Kidston cover on. What can I say, it's a stylish so and so and demands its own stylish threads.
- Travel card
- Champagne cork - I'm not sure if other people do this, but in my family on a special occasion we keep the champagne cork and push a coin into it. I'm not sure if it is supposed to be lucky, or simply serve as a momento, but I like it. This one is from my last birthday and has for some reason found a home in my handbag, which I also rather like.
- Diptyque solid perfume in Eau Duelle - such a handy size for a handbag! And a lovely vanilla fragrance.
- My current read - Risotto with Nettles: A Memoir with Food by Anna Del Conte. I love food based books and sought this one out after Nigella Lawson mentioned it on one of her early programmes. It's a lovely book peppered with recipes throughout. I'm about half way through now and find it such a calming, interesting read.
- Chanel Rouge Coco lipstick in Cambon and Nars lipstick in Red Lizard - I rarely touch up my make-up during the day, except if I'm wearing lipstick. I'm rather new to lipsticks and these are the only two shades I own at the moment. I'm taking them everywhere currently!
- Mason Pearson hairbrush - a mini version of the bigger one I have at home. Without a doubt the best hairbrushes around.
- Creme de la Mer lip balm - I rediscovered this recently. I originally bought in on a rare 'feeling flush' day whilst at university and found it lurking in an ankle boot in my wardrobe a few weeks ago. Most strange, but a very happy rediscovery - it's a brilliant balm and a great base for lipsticks.
- Chewing gum - just because!
- Miu Miu wallet - I bought this in the Spring/Summer sales. I knew it wasn't going to last very long and it has already begun to show signs of wear at the corners (and I can't really fit coins in it) but it was love at first sight and until it falls apart entirely I'm sure we will be very happy together.
- My keys - this mini Bayswater key ring came free when I bought my Alexa and funnily enough it's stuck around longer than the bag! (I sold my Alexa recently).
- Tom Ford Cary sunglasses - Spring seems to have been periodically popping its head around of late, so after months of dark and dreary weather, my shades have taken their rightful place back in my bag. They're a lovely shape - a sort of more cat-eyed version of the ubiquitous Wayfarer. I sought them out after spying them on Kate Bosworth (yes I do gravitate to everything Bosworth-related!)
What's in your bag?