Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

NEW PRODUCTS: JANUARY


I wanted to share a few new products that I've been enjoying lately. They've become key players on my dressing table and frankly the old guard have been throwing them more than a few bitter glances. As well they might, they're not going anywhere. I'm pretty smitten. 

Aveda Damage Remedy & Aveda Phomollient: I invested in these two products after visiting Taylor Taylor salon on Commercial Street in London. I had a lovely hair cut there recently - they listened to what I was hoping to get from my appointment and offered genuinely useful styling advice. These Aveda numbers were used during my visit to give my struggling ends a helping hand (damage remedy) and provide the hold needed to maintain a few loose waves (Phomollient). They smell lovely and actually do what they say they will. Something that seems increasingly rare! I've never been a fan of mousses and products designed to 'hold' - they normally see me frantically reaching for a shower and some shampoo, so desperate am I to get rid of that stiff, crispy feeling! But there are no such worries with this mousse. It gives just enough hold to fine hair, without weighing it down and making it dull and over-styled looking. Definitely not crispy. No sir-y.

Jo Malone Body Creme and Cologne: I've got quite the Jo Malone obsession, I can't lie. The black ribbon, the cream boxes. It's almost too much to take isn't it? Recently I've been enjoying the Blackberry & Bay body creme (a Christmas gift) and the English Pear & Freesia cologne - a beautiful scent that just seems to get better as the day goes on. I love it layered with Nectarine Blossom & Honey cologne too. 

Nude Pro Genius Treatment Oil and Radiant Day Moisturiser: I'd heard pretty good things about Nude and was thus pretty keen to try the brand out. I bought these two in a gift set from Space NK in order to try them out without enduring the knock on effect upon my ability to pay rent that comes with buying full-size versions. I'm glad I did - they're just so nice. I can genuinely see a difference the morning after using the treatment oil, and one drop is perfect for boosting the day moisturiser whenever you feel your skin needs that something extra. I use 3 drops each evening and maybe a drop or two more for a mini-facial from time to time. The day moisturiser doesn't feel at all heavy but seems to give my skin the moisture it needs for the day and provides a good base for make up. I can honestly say I don't think I'd be without the treatment oil now though - it is perfection.

Are there any products you've been trying recently that you now wouldn't be without?


X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!