Pages

Monday 25 March 2013

NEW IN: SHAY & BLUE


After spotting Shay & Blue in various magazines recently, my interest was more than piqued. I'm always drawn to interesting, natural fragrances and love offerings from the likes of Diptyque, Jo Malone, By Redo and Creed.
Dom De Vetta (he of Chanel and Jo Malone) and perfumer Julie Masse are the duo behind Shay & Blue, and emphasise the boutique perfumery's use of real flowers, fruits and spices - with Almond and Cucumber containing real Mimosa from Grasse.
It's described as 'a fragrance of refinement and softness, with splashes of refreshing green cucumber blended with delicate mimosa and warming, crunchy almonds. Soft and gentle, a subtle whisper.' Of course this description spoke to me! I don't enjoy a perfume that announces my arrival before I do, nor hangs in the air long after I'm gone. It's early days, but I'm really enjoying this fragrance. Don't worry about it being wishy-washy from the description - it is delicate but surprisingly multi-layered and with a lovely creaminess too. All in all - a delight!

Find the full collection at www.shayandblue.com.

X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!