Pages

Saturday 23 March 2013

THE HAND & FLOWERS, MARLOW


A few photos from quite possibly one of the best meals I have ever had, and definitely one of my favourite meals EVER. It was my first foray into the world of Michelin Stars (2 no less!) and it was rather unforgettable. The Hand & Flowers in Marlow was completely unpretentious, with friendly, attentive staff and the warmest atmosphere. One of my favourite moments was completely un-food related; pushing open the door to the pub and being enveloped by the most delicious smell of vanilla (who knows how they manage this, but I'd go back just for that alone). 
From the moment we took our seats, it was just lovely from beginning to end. I'm not restaurant critic so my words would fail to do it justice. Suffice to say, it was wonderful. We had: 

- Canapes
- Blowtorched Scottish Scallop with Warm Roast Chicken Bouillon
- Loin of Cotswold Venison with Hispi Cabbage, Swiss Chard "Farci" and Rye Bread Sauce
- Tenderloin of Wiltshire Pork with Pickled Mustard Leaf
- Tonka Bean Panna Cotta, with Poached Rhubarb, Ginger Wine Jelly and Rhubarb Sorbet
- Hand & Flowers Chocolate and Ale Cake with Salted Caramel and Muscovado Ice Cream


I wish I could have photographed it all - but I'm not entirely comfortable with being the person who gets their phone out before enjoying the food in front of them! But I'm getting better at it - slowly but surely.


X

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!