Pages

Thursday 11 July 2013

BEAUTY: NEW MUST HAVES


Untitled #24

I wanted to take some time to share some products I've discovered recently that I now would not be without. I try new things quite often, but over the past few months, these fellows have really stood out and are definite buy-again-ers. 

I bought the Dermalogica Skin Hydrating Masque and Phyto 7 Hydrating Day Cream after watching Lisa Eldridge's video about her in flight beauty routine. If you have a long-haul, or even a shorter flight coming up, I would urge you in the strongest possible terms to run straight over to her website and watch it for yourself. My boyfriend found my little plastic bag bursting with beauty products for the flight most amusing, but I am not exaggerating when I say I stepped off the flight to New York (and the return flight too) with better skin that when I climbed aboard. This will be my trusted routine for all flights from now on, it's really that good
Given this sparkling review, I'd be mad not to incorporate two of the products into my regular beauty routine. The Dermalogica mask is a true hero product. On a flight, Lisa recommends applying it twice, and taking it off with Bioderma 45mins before landing. It works like a dream. I would therefore now apply it before bed and wash my face the following morning. 
Phyto 7 Day Cream is exactly what it says on the tube, a day cream for your locks. I love how it smells (sort of very subtly nutty) and it leaves my hair soft and more manageable. Of course there is still dryness - I dye my hair, blowdry it and use heated tools on it - but this cream adds a certain silkiness and ups the manageability big time. Again, I noticed this most after getting off my flight after having applied it to dry hair to protect it from the brutal air con on board. On a day-to-day basis however, I apply it to towel-dried hair pre-blowdrying. 

Whilst we're nattering about hair, I bought Oribe's Impermeable Anti-Humidity Spray from Space NK in an attempt to combat the humidity in New York and Washington DC. IT ACTUALLY WORKED! There were days were a a tiny touch of fluffiness crept in, but this works reliably better than any other anti-humidity product I've tried. I read recently how important it is to follow instructions on products like this - we all too often spray vaguely and hope for the best. I followed Oribe's instructions to the letter: spray all over post-styling, flip head over and spray all over again. 

In the make-up stakes there are two products hugely deserving of a mention. By Terry's Rose de Rose (which I first heard about again via Lisa Eldridge's website) and Lipstick Queen's Jean Queen. As Lisa points out, Rose de Rose is not for all over face application as By Terry seem to suggest. I use it as you would a blusher and it gives such a beautiful glow. When you first dispense it you might be a tad fearful - it looks VERY pink. But as you apply it, your fears will fade away. I'm rather on the pale side, so use shade 1 (Fresh Rose), and half a pump is plenty.
I bought Lipstick Queen Jean Queen a little while ago, but it has become the lipstick I turn to everyday. It is the perfect everyday shade for 9-5, and to add a polished, pretty look for evening. 

Are there any new beauty products you've tried recently that have become firm favourites?

X

2 comments:

  1. LOvely post - I'm always scared masks will make me breakout but maybe I should give it a go!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean, I rarely try face masks for the very same reason! This Dermalogica one isn't very 'mask-like' per say, it's like a clear gel and sort of sinks in. I'd give it a whirl, try a tester! X

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!