Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

HOLIDAY PACKING LIST: GREECE

Untitled #27

L to R, top starting at the top: Topshop top, Whistles leopard top, River Island smock, JCrew stripe top, JCrew denim shirt, River Island embellished scallop top, Zara dress, Topshop Aztec print dress, Jamie Jeans in light blue, blue and white, Warehouse pocket tees in blue/grey and black, JCrew 3" navy chino shorts, Zara denim shorts, Duccio Venturi sandals and beige ballet pumps, Topshop swimwear, Monsoon blouse, Topshop cover ups, straw sun hat and slim Havainas. JCrew and Topshop earrings, Monica Vinader ring, Oribe Volumista, Oribe Apres Beach, Phyto Sun Veil, La Roche Posay factor 50 for face, Clarins fragrance, If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things, Diptyque candle, Oliver Peoples and Miu Miu sunglasses.

Untitled #26

It's that time of year again! We're off to Kaminaki in Greece to spend a week en famille. In the build up to jetting off, polyvore has been as invaluable as always. It has once again enabled me to edit down the items I want to take. Truth be told, in a separate collage I arrange all the above in outfits to ensure it all makes sense. 
In the day time we're mostly just in our swim things, with cover ups over the top for lunch and afternoon strolls, so I don't really need to take any "day time" outfits. I normally only take one cover up but am taking three this year for a bit more variety! A beautiful lace number from Topshop and a hot pink aztec print maxi dress  (also from Topshop) which I've had shortened a little so that I don't trip my way along the beach. 
For evening I like a mix of prints, embroidery, a dash of embellishment and clean classics dressed up with fun earrings. My Duccio Venturi sandals were my buy of the summer and I heartily regret not buying the same style in black suede. These little chaps will work very hard throughout the week. 
I'm in love with sunglasses at the moment and am taking along a classic pair by Oliver Peoples and a more interesting, fun pair by Miu Miu. As well as taking a hat along to protect my hair, I'm also going to try out Sun Veil by Phyto having enjoyed their Hydrating Day Cream for hair so much. Inspired by Nicole Ritchie, I plan to style my hair with a deep side parting, pulled back into a low bun with the Sun Veil applied to the finished product. Oribe has also recently become my go-to brand for reliable hair care that delivers what it promises. I'll be taking a mini Apres Beach spray for loose beachy waves and Volumista to help my hair look a little more lively. I'm not a fan of overwhelming fragrances on holiday, so this rebalancing number from Clarins will work a treat.
I'm planning on taking outfit photos whilst away, so be sure to check on the blog and Instagram for updates!

X

2 comments:

  1. I don't know how you can wear jeans in Greece! I've always found it too hot but my cousins swear it's better than having hot sweaty legs haha.

    Hope you have a great time xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We stay on the beach so it can get quite chilly in the evenings! Jumper or jeans a must! X

      Delete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!