Pages

Wednesday 22 January 2014

BICESTER VILLAGE WONDERFULNESS

On the way back from our amaaaazing weekend away in the Cotswolds, I was allowed a slight detour to Bicester Village. I say allowed, because I tried to wangle a visit on the way to the Cotswolds but was negotiated down to a visit on the way back (due in no small part I'm sure to the steely silence I inflicted on my boyfriend until he gave in). Truth be told, it was the right decision to go on a Monday rather than a Saturday - I'm sure it would have been heaving! 

I knew before I set to work that I was strictly after things I could squirrel away ready for spring/summer: ideally a clutch, swimwear/printed cover ups and a beautiful dress for holiday evenings. I failed on the swimwear and dress front, but did find a beautiful gold Anya Hindmarch woven clutch for £97 - perfect for summer evenings (and summer days too come to think of it!). Before making my purchase I visited the clutch a total of 3 times (I rarely make rash purchases these days) and nearly had a heart attack when the friendly sales person told me someone else had almost bought it (needless to say I snapped it up immediately).The reductions at Anya Hindmarch were the best I came across in the Village - bags which were originally over £1,000 were reduced to just over £200. Those perennially perfect glitter Valorie clutches were reduced to just £70.

After Anya Hindmarch, Sandro was my favourite store. This was so in spite of the heinous fact that the dressing rooms are mirror-less. Meaning you have to come out of your cubicle, not knowing what on earth you look like, and examine yourself alongside everyone else in a communal mirror. Very french apparently. Hideous. Nevertheless, I came away with the most BEAUTIFUL gold sequin jacket for £87. I've been on the lookout for the right embellished jacket for ages. They're the perfect thing to be worn with jeans or leather leggings when you're not sure how dressy an evening will be. Having a jacket like this in your wardrobe ensures you're never over or under dressed in such a situation. I'm going to keep it wrapped up until spring/summer, when it'll come out for evenings in Morocco and Canada. I can't wait! 

Last but not least - after trying on a few printed dresses in DVF (and not quite finding what I was after) I settled for a little piece of DVF print via a new iPhone cover, to replace my long-suffering one. A snip at £10. 

X

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the Sandro jacket (although I agree, the dressing room sitch sounds horrendous!) xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!