Pages

Monday 3 January 2011

MARILYN JUMPER

image from Zimbo
I am rather a big fan of Rachel Bilson's everyday style. (It was she no less who is to blame for my past purchase of a certain (much loved) 3.1 Phillip Lim Edie Bow Bag.)

It is off the red carpet, on trips to the supermarket, a cafe or filling up her car with gas that she provides style inspiration by the bucket load. 
I can spend almost an evening looking for that elusive styling secret hidden somewhere in the simplicity of her outfits. Sometimes I think I find it in a subtle but luxe element. She is known for her bag choices - a dose of Chanel, 3.1 Phillip Lim or Isabel Marant and sometimes labeless, hard to track down beauties (remember the little bottle green bag?) or a well cut jean (Citizens of Humanity's Avedons) or her ever near Wayfarers. But I am never quite sure.

I found this picture over the bank holiday weekend of Rachel at LAX (good lord I feel I'm beginning to sound frightfully stalker-ish - seemingly tracking her every move at airports and gas stations across the globe.)


image from Zimbo

The jumper and jeans are entirely about comfort, finished off with some wedged tan ankle boots for a little added height - but even these do not give the outfit a dressed up look, they just look comfortably right.

It is the jumper that speaks to me most though, the turned up cuffs are my favourite touch. The cream chunky knit is a Gerard Darel number, and none other than the iconic 'Marilyn' style. It could be yours or mine for a mere £135. Lovely with jeans a la Miss Bilson, or leather skinnies. 
http://www.gerarddarel.com/en/product/LP183-L371-0012/Sweater


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment!